Thursday 28 August 2014

Flexibly Ballet

There will come a point in your life when your child will ask you if she can learn ballet. I don't know why this happens. Maybe it's the pretty ballerinas or the pink girly outfits that attracts them.

I had that question posed to me even before she turned 3. So I went around to do some research.

Classes in Singapore is definitely pricier than Malaysia. However there is a lot more enrichment classes available in Singapore.  

Ballet classes normally runs for 45 mins and each class costs around $45. So it's really a dollar a minute. It's pretty standard charges by dance studios. 

If you go for those held within the community centres, they are much cheaper but I am not familiar with how the lessons are conducted. I'm guessing it would be simpler.

The dance fees is just part of the total expenses. The child will then need hair accessories, ballet outfit and shoes - the whole ballerina ensemble.
(check out more pictures here: http://zchicchick.blogspot.sg/2014/08/little-ballerina.html)


The Chickadee's ballet class ends with 15 mins of jazz. She also learns tap dancing.

I really wondered whether paying for her ballet and tap classes were just me being an indulgent parent. But honestly, I can see that she has picked up a few great values.

She learnt:

1) Teamwork
2) Discipline
3) How to listen to instructions
4) Importance of Practising
5) Rhythm
6) Physical Flexibility

All the above plus she has genuine fun on something she has a passion for.

Honestly, I no longer question my decision.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment