Sunday 27 July 2014

Baby Stroller: To Bring or Not to Bring

When we go out these days, the decision to bring a baby stroller is a big one . When you do not own a car and you bring along your baby stroller, you are stuck with it the whole way.

Taking a baby stroller with you means having a makeshift trolley around to carry your things including your kid. Convenient? Yes. 

But a regular kid will not sit in the stroller all the time. 

After feeling "tired" of sitting in the stroller, the Chickadee is allowed out of her stroller as long as she walks with me. Eventually she thinks pushing the stroller looks like fun and she wants to do what mummy does. So she becomes my little helper who really is just slowing me down as I have to follow her pace and be careful not to bump into her.

I know the child labor phase will not last long and I try chatting, singing and acting like a crazy person to make pushing the stroller exciting. The next phase is not somewhere parents want to be in.

It takes a split second for the stroller to turn into a burden. The chickadee suddenly realizes the mundane work she has been doing and starts to do her own thing which means going the opposite direction of where I am heading. 

I am now stuck with a kid moving the other way and a big stroller that I can't maneuver fast enough to chase after her. I can't dump the stroller as it now carries my personal possessions (not to mention the stroller itself cost a small fortune).  

This is the exact moment, I regret bringing the stroller out.





But I learnt that Singapore is great for safety. I can leave my stroller at a safe corner to run after my child who obviously acts like she is bored out of her mind.

When I finally go back to claim the stroller, with all the excitement gained on her own, I am able to coax the Chickadee back to her rightful seat. 

Until the vicious cycle begins again..


No comments:

Post a Comment